The most important question to ask yourself when choosing an alarm system:
Which brand of alarm system?
Chances are the siren won’t even work after a rainstorm.
Now we will first describe why we only install Hikvision brand alarm systems.
The best alarm system in 2023:
Hikvision AX Pro
- Easier to use than most other alarm systems, all in one application on your smartphone.
- Hikvision is the only manufacturer that can automatically and wirelessly update detectors with new software. Thus, your system does not get worse as it ages, but rather better, as the latest software from the manufacturer is constantly uploaded to all devices. With other brands, you have to send the detector back to the factory to update the software, and of course nobody starts that.
- Constant monitoring of wireless signal. Deliberate disruption / sabotage of signal is noticed immediately and communicated via the App to user.
- Constant connection to the Cloud ensures that any disruption / sabotage of power, internet or mobile network is noticed immediately.
- Indoor siren of 110db, which is louder than most other brands.
- Connection to monitoring centre possible, but not mandatory.
- No monthly fee to use all functions.
- Intrusion detection both inside and outside, with many expansion options.
- Extremely durable, batteries in detectors last up to 7 years.
- Detectors report to the control centre every minute to ensure correct operation.
- Detection zone test with sound signal, making it easy to test during daytime during system installation.
- Large wireless range of detectors up to 2,000 metres and extendable with extenders up to 8 kilometres.
- Detector status clearly displayed in App, such as signal strength and battery.
- Intrusion verification always possible with photo and video.
- Pet-friendly, Hikvision outdoor detectors are the most reliable, and do not generate an alarm when cats are seen or the weather changes.
- False alarms can always be ruled out by the “double tap” function. This allows a sensor to go into alarm only on two movements within the preset number of seconds. This feature is unique and only available from Hikvision.
- Best protection against detectors creeping under.
- Higher IP certification on waterproofness of outdoor detectors than many other brands.
- Possibility to have loud siren sound only after several seconds or minutes and receive the intrusion notification only on your smartphone first. Ideal for at night when you are at home yourself, but don’t want to wake up the whole street immediately.
- Easy operation via App, or remote control or keypad or tag or automatically time-based.
- Electric gates can be operated with the standard remote control.
Critical notifications in the smartphone App HikConnect can be activated, so that one always receives all notifications, regardless of the sound profile.
Many wireless systems are easy to sabotage
All these people drive around to pocket commission by selling you an alarm system.
The higher the commission, the further they are willing to go to sell you an overpriced poor-quality alarm system with ever-increasing monthly charges.
As a side note: On this page, we show a video of how easy it is to sabotage a Simplysafe brand wireless alarm system with a signal jammer. We chose this brand as an example because we wanted to show that you should not blindly trust comparison websites. In reality, we could have mentioned many more brands here, all of which are similarly easy to sabotage. Indeed, no national provider active in Spain checks for sabotage of the wireless signal, which means that all these systems can easily be switched off without the property owner knowing.
Shame to pay subscription fees every month for these unreliable systems, right?